Saturday, October 12, 2013

Changing Seasons

Fall has arrived in full force this week. Up here in the Northeast Kingdom our foliage peaked a couple of weekends ago. The leaf peepers are out and driving erratically, though slowly, down all our secondary roads, parking in the travel lanes instead of pulling off onto our narrow shoulders.

The cooler weather brings about changes in my patterns. I prepare for my winter hibernation. While I don't actually sleep through the winter, I do slow down, sleep longer hours, and become rather introverted.

This is the time I start working on my journals, crafts, and other projects. While the spring and summer months I spend most of my time outside, during the late fall and winter I spend mostly inside. As the nights are getting cooler I'm feeling my creative side turning on. I want to paint, write, or sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment