Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Practical Tuesday: October 8th, 2013

Here we are, into the second week of October and I'm just getting around to posting. I'd hang my head in shame but it's already hanging from exhaustion.

I've been "employed" since the end of June as the Office Manager/Administrator/Receptionist/... by a doctor I've known for 20 years. We've been spending the last 3 months just trying to get things in order so he could open his own primary care practice. During this time I've been working my own hours, whatever days I wanted unless otherwise requested. (Why I wrote it as "employed".)

Over the last two weeks, however, we've become a "real" doctors office. We see patients daily. The phone rings off the hook. I'm still trying to get insurances all in order. I'm working from 8am to as late as 6pm then going home and doing the single Mom thing too!

To top it all my final course for my Master's degree started yesterday.

Yes, I am nuts!

How do I do it all? Multi-tasking, self-discipline, scheduling, and early bedtimes.

While sitting on hold with one insurance company or another I can check my on-line classroom, read a few lines from my textbook, or brainstorm ideas. While my son works on his homework at the table, I fix dinner, do dishes, and help him. We have an hour of downtime where we play with our pets (a cat and a dog), watch some TV or play a game. Then he's off to bed and I spend an hour or two doing homework, laundry, working on this blog, working on Pagan educational activities for the boy so I can introduce him to my beliefs.

I try to be in bed between 9 and 10 and I read for another hour or so. My books of choice...cotton candy. You know the ones, all fluff and no nutritional value for your mind. By the time I go to bed I'm suffering from brain fry so I want something that's going to make me feel warm and fuzzy without making me think too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment