Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome Spring!

Now that I've managed to move into a more long-term home, survived the holidays with my Catholic family, finished my Master's degree, and dig myself out of more snow storms than I can count. I am (hopefully) going to be able to get back  into the swing of blogging regularly.

Today is the Spring Equinox. It's usually about the time I start my seedlings for the garden. I'm probably going to head to the hardware store next door during my lunch break and see what they've got. I'm desperately needing to dig in the soil and ground myself. There truly is nothing more grounding than working with the earth.

It looks like it will be quite some time before we'll be seeing any ground here in the frozen north. Our highest temp for the last several months has only been in the 40's. We've also had weeks of -20 and the occasional -30. We've had several snowstorms since the start of 2014 that have given us several inches though, until recently, the bulk of the snow has been falling well to the south of us.

Last week we received 2 feet of snow and today, the first day of spring, Mother Nature has decided to bless us with more snow. When I arrived at work just before 9 am we had 4 inches. It has continued to snow and I'm sure we've gotten another inch or two...joy!

1 comment: